Monday, August 2, 2010

Trust.

When I say the word "Trust" what do you think of? The first thing I think of is the trust fall. Putting complete trust in someone else to not let you hit the ground. I think that our relationship with Jesus should be the same way, if He calls you to do something, JUST DO IT. Don't ask questions, learn to trust in the one that sustains your very life.
I am learning more and more everyday what it means to trust God. God has been talking to me a LOT lately about trust, and giving me instructions... that I didnt want to follow through with, but after much wrestling I knew that is what God was calling me to do. I stepped out in faith, TRUSTING that God will not let me down, and since He called me to this hurdle, HE in HIS great power will help me overcome it. And guess what is the most amazing part about my God? He came through for me!
Is there something in your life you are holding back from God? Is there something in your life that you would not give to God if He asked you to do so? I am going to be completely open and honest, I was not fully surrendered to God, I thought I was, and was saying I was. But He in His awesome Power, and Love, showed me that I was not living a life that was pleasing Him. And that my priorities NEEDED to change.
God is growing me, and teaching me to TRUST even when it does not make any sense at all. NONE. I want to encourage anyone reading this, that even if what God tells you to do does not make sense... TRUST Him and do it anyways. And I am saying this from a place of pure surrender to my Savior. I also want to tell you it took my 19 years to get to this point in my life, the point where I want NOTHING more then to please my savior. But, the main thing is... I GOT HERE EVENTUALLY. Yes it took time, it took effort, it took loosing things that I held dear to me, BUT I finally surrendered everything about me to God, and He came through for me!
God has changed me more this last week, then EVER in my life, the whole focus of my life, my goals, dreams, and ambitions have been taken from me, and replaced with new ones that are from God!
It is amazing to me, how fast God can change a person's heart, and dreams. When I finally stopped fighting what I knew God wanted me to do, and what He made me to do... The moment I stopped fighting and gave in to what God wanted me to do, was the moment I believe I was a live for the first time in a LONG time. God gave me a new heart, and a new mind, and a new spirit, that is fervently seeking His face, and His direction for my life.
It is one of the most amazing, and scary things that I have ever done in my life. To place ALL my HOPE, ALL my TRUST, ALL my DREAMS, my WHOLE BEING, into the hands of my Creator, is one of the most thrilling things also!
GOD IS GOOD, ALL THE TIME! ALL THE TIME, GOD IS GOOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment