Monday, June 7, 2010

Africa....

So, I am going to start at the beginning. It all started in 2008 when I found out my church was taking a summer mission trip to Swaziland Africa in the summer 2009. I wanted nothing more then to go, BUT in order for me to go alone a few things had to happen, that was a parent go with me because I would not be 18 by the time they went, they went two weeks before my birthday. And a LOT of money had to be raised. Well, neither of my parents could go. I was bumming, but I moved on. However the flame inside me that was started then never went away.
And it all started to be rebirthed in me at my open house, when I was talking to people about my future and multiple people not even afiliated with my church or knowing anything about my desire to go to Africa stated something about Africa or missions to me, and it got me thinking about it again.
Then on Sunday I went to church, and I sat down in the pew, and something in me just started to explode! I didnt know what was happening at the time, but I found out later it was a LOT of people praying that I would somehow have a desire to go to Swaziland. Well I was singing and I happened to read the title of the sermon that day, the title being "Unstoppable Courage." I was like oh this is going to be good! :D
Then.... Pastor Phil started talking about Swaziland and the trip in 2011, and I tured to Stephanie who was sitting by me and said, "I am going." just that thats it. And she was like... "what?" so I said it agian, and she just looked at me.
Then the sermon started and the first thing that was said was, "The path to you greatest potential is often STRAIGHT THROUGH your greatest fear." That hit me like nothing has ever hit me before, and I knew right then that I was going to go to Africa, and that God was going to make it possible.
Because will I be afraid YES!!! One of my biggest fears is flying over the ocean. But I am going to step out of my fear, and into faith knowing that if God wants me to go to Africa He will provide the funds for me to do it and alllsoo the courage for me to do it! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment